Made with Moxie: Denyse Schmidt Baby Bargello

July 17, 2012

Denyse Schmidt Baby Bargello

I intended to cut out the pattern pieces for the two Pin up girl Hawaiian shirts in my custom order queue. It wasn't until I pulled out the pattern that I remembered using it to make The Awesomest Shirt Ever, which is a size medium. Which means that the large and extra large pattern sizes are gone. Needless to say, I will be at Joann's bright an early tomorrow morning. (And bonus points! I just saw that college students get 20% off their total purchase this month with their college ID or acceptance letter. Guess who's acceptance letter came in the mail today?)

The Awesomest Shirt Ever

With all my orders packed up to take to the USPS and no patterns for my Pin up shirts, I was free to do what I wanted. Did I work on the numerous other sewing projects/quilts I have started? No way! I took out the scraps I acquired from the Denyse Schmidt Charm Swap.

Now I try to make myself be reasonable about the size of scraps I keep. My crafty little brain would have me keep any freaking scrap larger than a square inch. You never know, right? I almost chucked those little 5" wide rectangles left over from cutting out charms. Clearly you all think they are treasure too, as I got some in the mail with your charms. (Thank you!) So I stitched them all together and made this:

I'm really quite smitten with my Baby Bargello. It makes me very happy to know he'll be living on my studio wall. It of course makes me want to make a bed sized Bargello. But I should probably finish my Stockholm quilt (aka topless burrito man quilt) and my DS Charm quilt first.

Until then, I'll just stare at Baby Bargello.

(Of course, there is a tutorial in the works. And much better day time photos of Baby Bargello.)