Made with Moxie: Prefontaine World Tour: Imagine Gnats

August 2, 2013

Prefontaine World Tour: Imagine Gnats

If necessity is the mother of invention, procrastination is the mother of Awesome Sauce. We've all been there on the eleventh hour, staring at The Big, Fat, White Canvas (so to speak), thinking, damn, what am I going to do? How am I going to come up with something to knock their socks off? Once you've upped the ante so many times, how high can you go?

”Prefontaine

When I asked Rachael of Imagine Gnats to test my Prefontaine Shorts pattern she made these Amazing Liberty Prefontaines. Who tests a new pattern designer's first pattern with Liberty of London?!? That is just crazy talk! I never thought about it until now, but I'm humbled at Rachael's faith in me.

Of course I asked Rachael to be on the Prefontaine World Tour when I was putting it together. You can imagine my panic yesterday when she told me that not only did she not have her shorts made, but she was staring at The Big, Fat, White Canvas.

We've all been there. Lord knows, I am Captain of the Procrastination Team. It's mostly because the last thing I want to do is whip up something lame and half fast. I'd rather tell you I've got nothing, than pretend something stupid is something great.

It's almost as if Awesome Sauce needs to be cooked up in a pressure cooker, you know? It needs all that heat and steam to build up as you stare at The Big, Fat, White Canvas, until BAM! there is is. I wasn't worried about Rachael and her Prefontaines. I just couldn't wait to see the awesome sauce results. She always delivers. And man, did she deliver.

Not one, but TWO, Awesome Sauce pairs of Prefontaine Shorts! I just had to order the same fabric so I could make my first pair of Adult Prefontaine Shorts just like hers. (What's that? You hadn't heard? Adult Prefontaines? Hell, yes! They are in the works, friend.)

Now stop farting around and get yourself on over to Imagine Gnats and see the batch of Awesome Sauce Prefontaine Shorts that Rachael cooked up!

”Prefontaine

Want to make Prefontaine Shorts of your own?

Monday, July 29 The Crafty Kitty
Tuesday, July 30 Craftstorming
Wednesday, July 31 Kitschy Coo
Thursday, August 1 Emmyloubeedoo
Friday, August 2 imagine gnats

Monday, August 5 Petit a Petit & Sew Delicious
Tuesday, August 6   Buzzmills
Wednesday, August 7 The Southern Institute
Thursday, August 8 Sew Jereli & Max California
Friday, August 9 Sew Chibi & Living with Punks

”Prefontaine

Stick around for the the rest of the tour. See you next week!